The 2022 JAMB Policy meeting date has been announced. This page will show you the date and what to expect after the meeting.
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, has approved Thursday 21st July 2022 as the date for the 2022 JAMB Policy meeting. In the meeting, the modalities for the 2022 admissions would be decided.
Specifically, below are the six things to expect after the JAMB policy meeting:
- The Official Minimum 2022 Cut-off points for ALL Institutions & Courses will be released after the Policy Meeting. The release of the Official Cut Off Points will help the candidates to make informed decisions concerning Change Of Course/Institution.
- After the meeting, JAMB will announce the deadline 2022 admission processes.
- After the meeting, we will know the Top 10 Universities with the highest applications.
- The meeting will also evaluate the 2020 admissions exercise, eg, we will know the total number of students each school admitted in 2021/2022 session
- After the meeting we will also see the reasons why some candidates were not offered admission in 2021.
- List of schools that violated the 2021 admission processes
Take a look at the things that were released after the previous JAMB policy meeting
Below are the things that we discussed:
- Top 10 Most Sought Schools: Here we will show you the top 10 universities, polytechnics and COEs candidates have been choosing during UTME Registration
- 2019 Admission Statistics: Here we will show you top ten schools and how many candidates they offered admission. We will also show you the 2019 UTME Statistics of Quota/Application/Admission by Faculty.
- Violation of Admission Process: Here we will show you the schools accused of violating JAMB Admission Process. Affected schools are UNN, AAUA, MAPOLY, UI, AFIT, ABU, and Nigerian Police Academy.
- Additional Features on JAMB CAPS: Here, we will list out the new features that has been added on jamb caps portal.
- Reasons Candidates Were Not Admitted: We will show you why some candidates were not offered admission.
- Access to download Presentation of JAMB Policy Meeting in PDF: There are so many things we didn’t list out on this page. You can see all that in the PDF.
- You can use the table of content below to navigate through the headings that interest you most.
Check 2020 Admission Process.
JAMB allowed Awaiting Result Candidates to register & to also sit for the 2020 UTME.
- These candidates can’t be considered for admission on awaiting result status
- They must upload their O’ level results on the Board’s portal before the commencement of admission exercise
- Their O’ level results form a crucial part of their registration requirements
Most Sought-After Schools in Nigeria
Top 10 Most Sought After Universities 2020
In this category we will list out to ten universities that UTME candidates chose as their first choice. This universities has been regarded as toughest universities in Nigeria.
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State (UNILORIN) – 103,582
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State (ABU) – 82,984
- University of Lagos, Lagos State (UNILAG) – 74,800
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State (BUK) – 70,376
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State (UNN) – 68,971
- University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State (UNIBEN) – 68,805
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State (UI) – 62,606
- Obafemi Awolowo University, IleIfe, Osun State (OAU)- 58,914
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State (UNIZIK) – 58,292
- University of Jos, Jos, Plateau State (UNIJOS)- 57,318
Click on the image below for more details…
Colleges of Education
Using JAMB Mobile App (CAPSMOBILE) by Candidates.
Candidates can download the Mobile App (CAPSMOBILE) on their phones or similar devices from Google Play Store to access CAPS to:
- Accept/Reject admission.
- Accept/Reject Market Place offer.
- Accept/Reject Transfer Proposal
- Check Admission Status.
- Check Matriculation Status.
In the meeting, the JAMB Registrar gave statistics of 2019 Admission and what he revealed was shocking.
2019 Admission Statistics.
He revealed that tertiary institutions had the capacity (Quota) to admit 1,123,514 students but only 612,5579 candidates were admitted leaving 510,957 vacancy. Now the big question is “why the vacancies (wide gap) & yet some candidates are still not admitted?”
You should check out the few images below for details:
2019 UTME Statistics of Quota/Application/Admission by Faculty
2019 Institutions Admission.
The images below contains number of students admitted in top 10 universities, polytechnics/monotechnics, and COE. You can click on the image for better view.
VIOLATION OF ADMISSION PROCESS
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)
- Adamolekun Bernice – 97012025AJ
- Applied to Law with 280 score to UNIBEN
- Not ranking enough with 61.5 average
- Initiated and accepted English Education (UNIBEN)
- Now purportedly offered Law at AAUA through University’s portal
- A candidate not available at all in CAPS under AAUA but now offered
‘admission’ and acceptance fee paid before protest and cannot be
properly admitted into AAUA.
- Months to reverse/delete & release in UNIBEN
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
Quota = 200
After admitting 106 on CAPS
Released additional 448 on the University’s portal
Whereas there are 342 qualified unadmitted on CAPS
Quota = 250
Admitted 125 on CAPS
Released another 240 on University’s portal
Mashood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta (MAPOLY)
- CLAIMED Quota = 12, 587
- Not a single candidate was admitted on CAPS
- ‘Admitted’ over 10,795 and went on to receive
acceptance fee from 5,950 candidate not yet
proposed to JAMB
University of Ibadan (UI)
- Sanni Abdul Rahman
Economics on CAPS but
changed to Adult Education on the University Portal
Applied for Human Nutrition but transferred to Agric. Extension
UTME score = 242
Post UTME = 72
Aggregate Score = 66.25
University then admitted people below her into Human Nutrition
Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
Musa Ishaq – 96072786HA
• Course Applied – Cyber Security
• School Portal – moved to Physics
• He innocently changed his programme to Physics whereas he is
qualified for Cyber Security
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)
Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo
• Registration number 96835876JH
• UTME Score – 302
• Qualified to be admitted to MBBS but claimed to be persuaded to change
Anatomy on the University portal
• University refuted the claim
• On JAMB’s insistence, she was offered MBBS but politicized and she rejected
Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil (POLAC)
- ‘Changed’ programme of candidates through Academy
portal without the consent of the candidates
- ‘Admitted’ candidates who were already admitted genuinely into other institutions through CAPS and could not upload them on CAPS again
- ‘Admitted’ candidates who did not choose the Academy as first choice. How?
Why Candidates Should Not Register for both UTME and Direct Entry
- A candidate registered for both UTME and DE
- During scrutiny of admission, JAMB realized that a particular
candidate was jumped and not recommended
- On investigation, it was discovered that the candidate had
been offered admission through DE
- The candidate was invited to JAMB HQs and confronted with facts
- He accepted the error (by claiming ignorance) and tendered
an unreserved apology
- The UTME application was cancelled
Reasons Candidates Were Not Admitted.
One of the main reasons why some candidates were not admitted was because most of them chose few programmes. This is what JAMB referred “over subscription of few Programmes”
JAMB Policy Meeting
Other Causatives of Non-Admission Includes:
- Wrong O’ Level subject combination
- Low (Post UTME) screening score
- UTME-combination deficiency
- Non-acceptance of Offer.
- Duplication of application
- Absent from POST UTME Screening
- Late change of Institution & Mismatch of Catchment.
UTME / DE Registration Statistics (2015-2019).
From UTME and Direct Entry (DE) Registration statistics (2015-2019), it was revealed that this year (2019) was the highest.
The table below shows the Statistics of UTME and Direct Entry registration from 2015 to 2019. Mobile users should scroll the table to the side to view the full content.
FORGERS AND FRAUDSTERS:
- Cluster of fraudsters who had been benefitting from examination malpractice continue to forge the Registrar’s signature, writing fictitious news items that JAMB website had crashed and all examinations written were cancelled
- Again, they were mistaken. We are grateful to Government especially FME
What JAMB has Decided to do
- Partnering security operatives & relevant agencies on cyber crimes
- Engaging the machineries & sponsoring them in order to tap from their knowledge
- Movement of some services to the registration portal in order to prevent extortion of candidates
Additional Features on JAMB CAPS
- No institution would be able to move candidates into merit level unless ALL positive candidates above him/her are admitted either by merit, catchment or ELDS
- If any institution request for opening of change for programme or institution, it MUST consider all the candidates who have uploaded
- Availability of date of upload of O’ level credentials by candidates
- All institutions MUST provide date of commencement of admission
- Cut off date & Admission exercise can’t be earlier than 20th August, 2020
- No institution would be able to finalise admission exercise until after cut-off date
- Before a candidate can be moved or transferred to another programme, their would be transfer alert (notification from CAPS) to the candidate to either accept or reject the movement
Download Presentation of “JAMB Policy Meeting”.
Just like we promised, click the download button to download the presentation of the JAMB registrar in the 20th Policy meeting with stakeholders.
Please SHARE THIS PAGE WITH FRIENDS.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.